Metro Community Development is committed to empowering economically disadvantaged individuals and communities, through asset building activities.
Our work strengthens the community by building partnerships and leveraging resources that increase asset growth opportunities.
Loan Application Requirements
- If you are applying for a loan for a new business (start-up or in operation less than two (2) years), you must first complete BizBOX training and work with either the local Michigan Small Business Development Center www.SBDCMichigan.org located in your area or complete the University of Michigan Innovation Incubator business boot camp series as part of the BizBOX training. Other educational requirements may be substituted but must be approved by Metro Community Development.
- To be reviewed for a decision, the completed application must be received with all necessary documentation and the application fee. Incomplete applications will be held for 30 days, if after 30 days the application package is not completed it will be declined.
- Application fees are non-refundable.
- Your Loan Officer will review the application, verify references and collateral, and review your credit report. Your application will then be processed according to Metro’s internal loan decision policy.
- The Loan Officer will notify you of the recommended decision. If approved, the Loan Officer will begin facilitating the loan closing process and provide the applicant an overview of next steps. If denied, you will receive a decision letter outlining the reason(s) for the adverse action.
- As a client or borrower of Metro Community Development, your personal and company information is held in strict confidence. MCD limits access to borrower and client records to its own employees who manage the credits or accounts, to those performing regulatory/oversight functions, and to subcontractors who have signed confidentiality agreements. We will not publicly disclose information without your permission. MCD is sensitive about the confidentiality of client information and uses a firewall and network security policies to make sure there is no unauthorized access to electronic files. Working papers and other sensitive documents that are not kept in secure files are shredded.
How to complete the application
We take your privacy very seriously, as such our application process is designed around security.
Download the application.
Complete the application digitally, or print and write it in.
If you print and complete, scan and upload in the form below.
If you complete it digitally, save the file, and upload in the form below.
Alternatively, to submit your application, you may also email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.